Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Woodchuck Crisp

Happy Wednesday! Rob and Liz are being a little nostalgic and we are deciding to use Wednesdays as our post days. Back in college, we met, and worked, at the college radio station. Wednesday nights were the nights we both ran a Punk and Ska show. Hopefully you enjoy our Wednesday nights now as much as we hope to!

If you can't tell from the title of this post, this week's review will be all about Woodchuck's Crisp Cider. Woodchuck is a readily available brand, and they do all sorts of seasonal ciders. Instead of starting with a seasonal, we wanted to go with one of their normally available flavors. Take a peek at how gorgeous it looks!



What does the Woodchuck Crisp label say about itself? It says, and we quote, "As cool and invigorating as a brisk morning in Vermont's Green Mountains, Woodchuck Crisp Cider is a refreshing hard cider that's delicate in body and brimming with delicious apple flavor. Artfully perfected by our cider master, this session cider is sure to keep you refreshed, lively and, like all our unique, tasty Woodchuck Ciders... Independent to the Core."

That's all great and flow-y. Makes us feel like we almost don't need to do this... Not!

Since I (Liz) am commanding the keyboard, I'm making Rob's review go first. I also want to mention that our wonderful apple rating images were made by our friend, Tony, so please don't steal them. Maybe if we're lucky, he will leave the sunshine state and will grace us with his presence and write a guest review or two with us. After enjoying the beverages with us in person first, of course.

Rob says: Crisp has me stumped; I feel like I am tasting more than one type of apple at a time. The medley of flavor is not too sweet and is short lived as it is replaced by a small hint of iron before the taste completely disappears.
He gives Crisp a shiny 3 apples!

As for me, I say: This is a slightly sweet and slightly tart cider. It's almost like I've cut open and licked a green apple, and I get that dry feeling on the tip of my tongue after the flavor subsides. I could see myself drinking a couple of these, but I'm afraid I'd get almost a gut-rot feeling if I had too many.
For that reason, I give a solid 3.5 apples (even if you can't call a half an apple "solid").


Let us know what you think about Crisp! And as a friendly-we-want-you-to-like-us-forever reminder: we aren't food or drink connoisseurs. Take our reviews with a grain of salt - or a slice of apple. Whatever.

Happy Tasting!
-Rob & Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment