Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Stella Artois Cidre

Do you know what day it is? IT'S HUMP DAY! Time for another cider adventure with Liz and Rob. Unfortunately, Liz has had a rough day at work and is currently passed out for the night. That means it's up to Rob to make it happen this week! Oh boy... This is a lot of pressure, but I think I can handle it. However, I'm sure we are both going to miss Liz by the end of this post!

Anyway, on to the matter at hand! This week our cider, or rather 'Cidre', comes to us from global brew-masters at Anheuser-Busch. Bottled in Baldwinsville, NY, Stella Artois Cidre comes in at 4.5% alcohol by volume. For those of you afflicted with A.D.D., the description provided on the bottle is short and to the point; "Premium cider made with hand-picked apples". Sounds like we are go for tasting!



Contrary to popular belief, I am in fact a gentleman. So this week, it's ladies first:
Liz says Stella Artois Cidre is one is a sweet one. But it's a good sweet, with a little tartness at the end that hits you right in the back of the jaw. I was actually kind of surprised at how dry it was. The more I drink it, the dryer my tongue gets, so I am finding myself drinking this one quite quickly. It's pretty light, too. For the name, I had almost expected a little bit more of a stand-out flavor or something a little bit more different. After my first few sips, I felt a bit warm in the stomach, too, which is nice. With how sweet it is I wasn't expecting that. I would probably order one of these at the bar if I were in a laid-back mood. This one doesn't scream "party mode" to me.
Even though she wasn't inspired to party, she was still impressed enough to hand out 3.5 apples

The first thing I want to mention about Stella Artois Cidre is in regards to its appearance. The clear glass bottle with white label and golden accents compliment the beverage perfectly. I love the way this cider is packaged! Something makes this bottle pop out to me unlike most of the other ciders out there (usually with dark labels on brown glass bottles). As much as the bottle makes it stand out, the taste is something different to me as well. It's not too sweet and is relatively dry. If you allow some air in as you sip, the fizz tickles the back of  your throat on the way down. All in all, I am a fan of this cider because you can also taste a hint of the regular lager version of Stella Artois mixed in.
I gave Stella Artois Cidre 4 beautiful Apples.

I hope you enjoyed my first post as much as the impending grammar Nazi's will enjoy picking it apart. As always, Liz and Rob can be reached at decidersblog@gmail.com for constuctive (or harsh) criticism, cider suggestions, or questions in regard to the meaning of life. I have to say, I'm proud of going the entire post before shouting "HEY STELLA! STELLLLLAA!!!" It's been fun, but I'm sure we all miss Liz...

Until next week, Happy Tasting!
-Liz & Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment