Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Michelob Ultra Light Cider

It's still technically Wednesday here in Wisconsin! It was a busy day for us. Rob is on his way to work right now, and I just got home and am covered in glitter. Why? Because I went to the Ke$ha concert and had the best time ever. And now I'm currently getting glitter all over Rob's computer. Whoops! 

He did the hard work tonight and drafted this sweet thing for us, and I'm swooping in to finish it. Michelob Ultra Light Cider is on the docket tonight. They only have two words to describe it: light cider. That's why we're here tonight to tell you all about this light cider. Take a peek at the bottle. 

Since I'm full of glitter, that means I go first. Hey, no one said my rules had to make sense!
It honestly tastes like the person who came up with this one had never had cider before. And by cider, I am including the non-spiked stuff at your grandma's holiday parties. It even reminds me of a terribly watered down juice pouch. There's also a weird aftertaste. I honestly can't even describe it, other than saying it makes the back of my mouth feel dirty. And yes, I have brushed my teeth today, thank you very much (and no, it's not a weird taste from after the Ke$ha concert because I tried this one before the concert). I wouldn't pay for this at a bar, and even if it were the ladies-night choice, I'd pass. That's why I give it one very lonely apple.

As for Rob, in his own words, which he graciously typed out for me before he left for work: Once again, I'll take the shallow path and start with the looks. This bottle is not as good looking as the Stella, but it's not far off. Once again it's a clear glass bottle with white labels, this time with light green, which matches the liquid contained inside. Enough about appearances, how does it taste? This cider seems to be of the granny smith variety, which makes it incredibly sweet. After your sip you are left with the tartness you'd come to expect from green apples. Unfortunately, this is only made worse by how light the overall drink is. Also, being fairly fizzy, the cider comes across as apple flavored sparkling water, meets wine cooler. All in all, two apples.

There you have it, folks. Glitter, apples, and all. Next week we won't be so close to Thursday, we promise.

As always, Happy Tasting!
-Rob & Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment