Wednesday, January 29, 2014

B. Nektar's Zombie Killer Cherry Cyser

You may think I spelled that wrong but it really is Cyser. And yes, it does say Zombie Killer. Although I may be getting ahead of myself. WE'RE BAAAAAACK! I was sick last week. As in hugging the porcelain throne for two days. Sorry for the visual. I'm all better, though. Hopefully you are all handling this cold and flu season better than I am. Thankfully Rob hasn't gotten sick (yet - knock on wood).

On to the cider! Zombie Killer comes to us from B. Nektar out of Ferndale, Michigan. Zombie Killer stumbles in at 6% alcohol by volume. What is Zombie Killer? Glad you asked. B. Nektar says:
An apple-honey wine with cherry juice added. Dedicated to the freaks and the geeks! What started as a top-secret experiment with Michigan honey, cherries and apple cider became a viral epidemic. It won't be easy to survive, so gram your weapons and don't forgt this bottle for backup! Serve cold... zombies hate the cold... B. WARE GRrrHaarrhUrrgh...



Since Rob has been so great while I was ill, he can go first. I know it's not a big deal, buuuut, let's just pretend it is.
Woo-hoo! Zombies! They're in these days, right? Anyways, this 'Cyser' was quite the treat. Out of the apple, cherry, and honey included in this cider, the cherry was subtle. I couldn't really taste it, but I can only assume it played a role in making this as delicious as it is. The apple flavor is nice and sweet with the honey that really neutralizes the tartness before it becomes overwhelming. I believe this one is best enjoyed as cold as possible, so drink it fast or over ice. As it warmed up, the iron became more prevalent. Still, I was very happy with this one and can't wait to pick it up again! 4 outta 5 reanimated apples from me.


As for me? I might have some different thoughts than Rob...
I think the cherry notes in this are great. They're prominent, but not overpowering. Unfortunately, with how sweet the  cherry, honey and the cider is, it's teetering on the edge of juice rather than a cider. I want to like this so much more, but the sweetness is just holding me back. I am going to give the Zombie Killer three solid apples.


If anyone has suggestions for something we haven't tried yet, let us know! We're always looking for some new ciders (duh, Liz).

Stay warm and Happy Tasting!
- Rob & Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment