Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Oliver Beanblossom Raspberry Hard Cider

Happy early Valentines Day! Hopefully everyone has got someone to spend the day with. If not, trust me, you're probably better off saving your money and time... Just kidding, honey! (or am I?) Let's move on before I ruin any more relationships. What cider do we have for you this week? Well let's get to it!

This week we have Oliver Beanblossom Raspberry Hard Cider brought to us by Oliver Cider Works in Lawrenceburg, IN. Packing a punch at 8% alcohol by volume, Oliver has this to say about their own brew:
We create hard cider with our blend of apples and natural flavors, cooly fermented, delicious, bright like the noon day sun, magical as Beanblossom Hard Cider should be.

Since Liz picked this one out at the store, she can go first:
I don't know what has happened to me, but the fruity drinks aren't much my style anymore. The raspberry in this is tasty, don't get me wrong. I think it might be a little bit too much, though? It's smooth, sweet, a little tart, and it's a bit dry at the end. I can taste the apple wine at the very end after the heavy raspberry has subsided. I didn't expect to really like this all that much. Surprisingly, I think it's decent. For me it falls right in the middle at 2.5 apples.


Now it's my turn:
It's good, I'll say that, but it's too sweet for me. The raspberry overpowers the cider qualities but it still goes down smooth. The tartness of the apple eventually cuts off the taste of the raspberry. To me, this kind of tastes like Mike's Hard Raspberry. The biggest difference being Oliver seems to have a little less sugar. Not being a big raspberry fan, Oliver gets the benefit of the doubt from me. Also the high alcohol by volume helps make this one receive three out of five raspberry- I mean apples.

There you have it; another week, another cider. Thanks for stopping by and tell your friends! Also, if you have had a cider recently that has blown your mind, let us know. We usually just end up going to the local grocery store for our ciders, but eventually we will run out. So if there is something out there that is a little harder to find but totally worth it, we don't want to miss out on that. Comment below or email us at DeCidersBlog@gmail.com. See you next week for another cider adventure!

Happy Tasting!
- Liz & Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment