Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fox Barrel Cider Apricot Pear

Cider Lovers, we have a question for you. What does the fox say? Below we can tell you what Fox Barrel says about their cider, but does anyone really know? 

Yeah, don't hate us for that one. It was a given. Speaking of not hating us, thank you to everyone who reads this!! We are thankful for you guys reading our page. Thank you for letting us bother you every week with our silly cider antics. 

Back to the fox! Fox Barrel says the following about their Apricot Pear Cider: 
Apricot infused fermented pear cider from pure pear juice. Naturally fermented using 100% pear juice, not from pear juice concentrate or pear-flavored hard apple cider. Filtered cold for extra purity and infused with natural apricot juice. With no added malt, spirit, grape or apple alcohols colorants, sugar, sorbate or benzoate preservatives. Naturally elegant and refreshingly adult with a delicate sweetness and a faint tartness. A velvety mouth-feel, ans light musky complexity, complimented by a fresh-fruit sunny bouquet. 


Since I'm so thankful for him being in my life, let's have Rob go first this week!
Now, I'm no expert on apples, but I know even less about pears. So far I've been making this (apple) cider thing work out, so let's give this pear cider a shot. It tastes a lot like other apple ciders with just a little more iron in it. It's also a little more tart than it is sweet, but it still goes down smooth. I would say it lacks the fizz of most ciders but all around, I enjoyed this weeks offering. 3 pears out of 5! Due to the tough economy, we can't afford to change our rating system, so apples it is...

As for myself, I shouldn't judge, but I did. Before I even tried this one I had decided I wouldn't like it because of the other Fox Barrel cider we tried a while back. BOY, was I wrong! This Apricot Pear cider blows the other one out of the water. It's balanced with sweet and tart and warm. It does have a bite of iron, but it isn't extremely overpowering. I would absolutely buy Apricot Pear again. This would definitely go great with the apple pie I know my mom is probably making for tomorrow. 3.5 out of 5 for Fox Barrel on this one.

Thanks again for reading. Don't forget to be the fun one at your family's Thanksgiving this year by bringing cider (to share)! And remember to drink responsibly. 

Happy Tasting!
-Rob & Liz 

No comments:

Post a Comment