Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Ciderboys Peach Country

It's December? Already?! Wow, this year has gone by fast. Hopefully you've had a good one. What interesting Ciders have you stumbled upon? This week we have another brew from a brand we did early on in the blog, Ciderboys. And even though it's not made in Georgia, it's called Peach Country. I wonder what it tastes like...

I know we already covered this the last time we reviewed Ciderboys, but Peach Country comes to us from Steven's Point, WI and weighs in at 5% alcohol by volume. Here's what the Ciderboys had to say about this particular brew:
Apple Peach hard cider
Huh, I guess it's that simple... Hopefully our reviews are a bit more informative.

What does Liz think about Peach Country? Let's find out:
This is definitely different than any other cider I've tried so far. The peach flavor is so incredibly strong, I can't taste any apple (if it was even there to begin with). I'm pretty happy with this one though because it's not overly sweet or tart. The sweet is just like biting into a real peach. I don't know if I could handle more than a couple of these in one sitting, though. The peach is good, but it's not something I could see myself craving. I give it 2.5 apples. 

Now let's see if I fit in as one of the Ciderboys:
Holy Peach Batman! This cider doesn't taste much like apples. The peach really overpowers the apple so it doesn't taste so sweet. The iron taste is mostly subdued until you've gone a minute without a sip. At that point you can kind of taste it on your tongue. Much like last week with the appricot, I am not expert on peaches, but the taste is very distinct and not very sweet. If you want a cider that doesn't taste like cider, this one is for you! For me, it's more like a one and done. Seeing as how this is only about half apple, it gets half of our rating system, two and a half apples.

Well that concludes another week with the DeCiders. As always, feel free to leave your comments below and maybe drop off a recommendation for next week's tasting! Thanks for reading and enjoy a nice cider for us this weekend.

Happy Tasting!
-Liz & Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment