Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Angry Orchard Cinnful Apple

This week's post is full of other people! Our first other person is the reason why we're trying the Seasonal Cinnful Apple by Angry Orchard. He has been a long time friend of both Rob and I from college, and he is a dedicated DeCider's reader. Randy S. is our first special someone. In his suggestion he said that Cinnful Apple is "pretty good." Thank you, Randy, for the suggestion! 

Angry Orchard Cider Co. is based out of Cincinnati, Ohio, and puts out quite a few special ciders every year for the season. This past summer we just missed their seasonal cider and figured we'd keep our eye out for the fall one. Surprise! It's here! Angry Orchard says: Our Cinnful Apple cider is crisp and refreshing with a spicy twist. The sweet, slightly tart apple flavor is balanced with cinnamon spice, adding a slight heat for a flavor that is truly cinnful. 
It comes in at an almost expected 5% alcohol by volume, and has a very Angry Orchard-esque bottle and label. Take a peek!


Our second other person this week is a guest review! This one comes from our friend Meghan. Meghan drinks her fair share of ciders, as she lives the gluten-free lifestyle. She's become one of my best friends, and Rob kind of gets along with her, too. Okay, yeah, they get along great. We would have had three "other" people today, but Meghan's hubby, Bill, isn't a cider fan and wouldn't have a drink with us. Oh well. Every party needs a pooper...
On to Meghan's comments!
Have you ever tried to swallow a tablespoon full of cinnamon? Well, you can't. Cinnful Apple is about as close as you'll get to swallowing that tablespoon full. With this much cinnamon, you might as well just chew on a cinnamon stick. Although it has a nice fall flavor, drinking more than one is difficult. With that, Cinnful Apple gets a 2.5 apple rating.


Next up we've got Rob.
Off the bat, I was expecting this cider to have quite the kick with the cinnamon. Turns out, it stays relatively smooth. The cinnamon doesn't burn you like when chewing a piece of Big Red. The cider also doesn't seem as sweet thanks to the cinnamon, but it does remain rather tart. Not being the biggest cinnamon fan, I don't think I would be able to drink more than one of these at a time, but the flavor reminds me of apple pie. And who doesn't like pie? Oh yeah, I don't... Cinnful Apple gets 2.5 apples out of five. Although I have had better, I've also had worse.


And last, but not least, little ol' me. Cinnful is dry and quite warm on the tongue. After the first sip, there is so much cinnamon I can feel it on my tongue, and the more I drink, the rougher my tongue feels. Not to be weird, but it makes me think of how a cat's tongue might feel in their own mouth. Thankfully it wasn't a hot sensation that you can get from eating too much cinnamon.  I definitely couldn't drink more than one of these in a night. Or maybe more than one in a week. I was torn on what to give this one because I like how warm and full it makes me feel, but I really am not the biggest fan of how cinnamon-y it is. With that, I give it 2.5 apples. 

It looks as if Cinnful Apple has hit the middle mark this week! Thank you again to both our guests, Randy and Meghan. 

Has anyone else tried Cinnful Apple? What were your thoughts? Too much cinnamon? Not enough? Let us know down below! Hey, that rhymed! 

Until next time, enjoy the brisk fall weather! 

Happy Tasting!
-Rob & Liz 

No comments:

Post a Comment